The Stonebridge Ranch Aquatic Center is located at 7501 Coronado Drive, next to Stonebridge Plaza. The center includes a junior Olympic-shaped pool, perfect for the serious lap swimmer as well as families enjoying a fun summer dip. The Aquatic Center also includes a kiddie wading pool with an interactive water feature suited to toddlers. Within the Aquatic Center gates, several shade structures with tables and chairs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. (The Beach Club pavilions are the only ones in Stonebridge Ranch available for party rental.) The pool is staffed with professional lifeguards during all open hours.
Click here for a two-page PDF showing the 2021 open dates for both pools (the Beach Club + Aquatic Center). We strive to keep at least one pool open each day during pool season. Each pool is closed one day per week for cleaning. (If you saved the calendar pages printed in your copy of the April issue of Stonebridge Ranch News, please note this update: the Beach Club is closed on Monday, May 24.)
Adult lap swim (ages 18+) is free and available at the Aquatic Center Monday-Friday, 6 to 8 AM, from 06/01/21 to 9/03/21 (excluding holidays).
Beginning Tuesday, May 25 at the Aquatic Center, water aerobics will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 9:45 AM. The fee for each session is $5 and is payable directly to the instructor, Kay Barnett, the day of the class. Participants may pay for one session, one week, or one month at a time. Kay accepts cash (exact change appreciated) or check (make checks payable to Kay Barnett). If you have questions regarding Water Aerobics, please direct them to Kay by email at email@example.com. The final Water Aerobics session will be held on August 12. (Resident ID/guest fees apply for pool entry. See below.)
- Homeowners in good standing and their household members may enter the Aquatic Center free of charge. To be in “good standing” means that you have a balance less than $50 on your SRCA account.
- To enter the pool gates, Stonebridge Ranch homeowners and their household members (ages 3+) must provide proof of residency by presenting a valid form of Stonebridge Ranch Photo ID. (Note that children age 0-11 cannot enter the pool gates without a parent or designated guardian who is at least 18 years of age.)
- If a property owner wishes to transfer amenity privileges to a tenant, both the landlord and tenant must fill out the Transfer of Privileges Form. The form also requires an annual $100 processing fee. The association does not mediate which party pays the fee, nor do we offer a prorated fee based on when you turn in your form. You can download the form via the link above, request an emailed copy via firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the office (6201 Virginia Parkway, M-F 8:30 AM to 5 PM) to pick one up.
- Parents need to replace the photo ID card for a growing child about every three years, as the child’s appearance changes. There is no fee for replacing photo IDs for growing children. However, you must provide the documentation noted here each time you replace a child’s photo ID.
- To replace lost photo ID cards, the association charges a $5 fee. The fee is payable at the office by cash, check, or money order. (We do not accept credit cards.)
BRINGING NON-RESIDENT GUESTS
- On non-holidays during the 2021 season, each household in good standing may bring up to eight (8) guests to either pool. On recognized pool holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th, Stonebridge Ranch Day on Sept. 18, and Labor Day), each household may bring up to three (3) guests. Note: the number of guests permitted to the pool is subject to change depending on state-mandated headcount capacities related to COVID-19.
- Each guest (age 3+) must pay a fee at the pool gates to enter. We accept cash, checks and money orders. (We do not accept credit cards.) We appreciate exact cash, and we do not make change for bills higher than $20. The cost for ages 3-49 is $5. For seniors age 50+, the cost is $1.
- Homeowners and tenants who have obtained a Transfer of Privileges may purchase a guest punch card for $15 at the pool gates. When in the presence of a resident, this punch card permits pool admission to a single guest for five (5) visits. (It may not be used by multiple people for a visit on a single day.)
COMPLIMENTARY GUEST CARD
Each Stonebridge Ranch household may obtain one (1) Complimentary Guest Card, good for five (5) free guest pool visits during the 2021 pool season. Use your card in any combination, for guests of any ages, to achieve your five (5) free guest pool visits.
The card may be used during non-holiday, non-event pool hours only. It may not be used on Memorial Day, July 4th, Stonebridge Ranch Day (Sept. 18), or Labor Day, nor to enter SRCA social events at either pool (Family Beach Parties, Teen Splash Hop, etc.). There is one exception to the social event rule (new this year): you may use the card for guest visits to the 2021 Evening on the Veranda events.
To obtain the card and present it for use at the two pools owned by the Stonebridge Ranch Community Association (SRCA), your SRCA account must be in good standing. You can download the Complimentary Guest Card Form here, or fill it out in person at the office. Once we’ve processed your form, you must pick your card up in person at the office.
You may not share your card with another Stonebridge Ranch household. Your card will have your Stonebridge Ranch address on it. A member of your household must present it at the time of use at the pool gate along with a valid form of Stonebridge Ranch ID. Cards shared fraudulently between households will be forfeited.
Cards cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
You will surrender your card to the lifeguards at the pool gate upon your fifth (5th) use. Each use will be tracked by the lifeguards with a “punch” on the card.
Renting tenants may obtain a card only after completing a Transfer of Privileges with their leasing homeowner.
- Smoking is not permitted at the Beach Club or Aquatic Center, in SRCA common area/amenities, or at SRCA events.
- Visitors may bring food and beverages (including alcoholic items) within the pool gates. However, glass containers are strictly prohibited for the safety of all. Be sure to transfer food and drink items (everything from pickles to BYOB drinks) into non-breakable containers.
- If you ride a bike to one of the pools, park it in the designated bike rack. Bikes are not permitted within the pool gates and may not be parked against fencing, trees in landscaped areas, etc.
- Golf carts may not be parked on grass, sidewalks, etc. Golf carts may be parked only in parking lot spaces and must be operated on public streets in accordance with City of McKinney ordinances.
- Children age 0-11 must be accompanied by a person at least 18 years of age.
- Working service animals are permitted within pool gates, but pets are not permitted.
- Family-friendly, appropriate swimwear is required. (Cut-off jean shorts and thong bathing suits are not permitted.)
- Infants and small children must wear swim diapers AND plastic pants.
- Every hour the lifeguards call a Safety Break. Swimmers age 18 and under must exit the water for ten minutes. Parents, please encourage your children to use the restroom, drink water, apply sunscreen, etc. during this designated time.
- Diving is not permitted at either pool.
- Parents/guardians may not leave young children or children with special needs unsupervised.
- Toys may be used at the discretion of the lifeguards. No large canon water guns are allowed.
- Please walk in all pool areas. For your safety, running and horseplay are not permitted.
- In-line skates, skateboards, scooters, etc. must be kept outside of all pool and sport court gates.
- Chairs are not permitted in the pool water.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the pool water.