In 2017, the association renovated the Community Room located next to the Beach Club gates at 6201 Virginia Parkway. This room is used for SRCA social events such as Morning and Evening Bingo and Coffee, Cars & Cycles. It is also available for rent by SRCA homeowners, as well as renting tenants to whom the homeowner has transferred privileges. The max headcount permitted in the room is 66 persons. The room includes two bathrooms, a counter with a kitchen sink, a computer for playing audio/video, and 20 tables and 50 chairs.
- Community Room rentals must be made in person at the association office at 6201 Virginia Parkway.
- Renters must sign the Community Room Rental Agreement at the office after confirming date & time availability.
- Events may not exceed five (5) hours total. The rental period includes set-up/clean-up time. Fees are payable by check only. Renters must submit two separate checks, both payable to SRCA. The Security Deposit check will be returned to the renter following proper use and clean up of the room.
(5) Hours: $115 + $250 Security Deposit
(4) Hours: $105 + $250 Security Deposit
(3) Hours: $95 + $250 Security Deposit
(2) Hours: $85 + $250 Security Deposit
- The above-quoted fees are for events held during non-office hours (Saturday, Sunday, or after 5 PM Monday to Friday). The fee includes a required $50 minimum for the first two (2) hours + $10 per each additional hour + $35 for non-office-hour coverage by SRCA Courtesy Patrol.
- The Community Room may not be rented in conjunction with use of the Beach Club. Guests may not enter the Beach Club when present for an event in the Community Room.
- The Community Room may not be rented for paid/sponsored/commercial events, only for private special events.
- See the Visiting the Office webpage for a parking map.
PRIVATE EVENT FAQS
In order to keep the Community Room in ever-ready condition for both association-sponsored and private events, please note the following requirements when planning a private event. We do not grant exceptions to these rules.
- Renters may not come into the room prior to the rental start time, and they must be completely done with clean-up procedures by the rental end time.
- Decorations, including balloons, may not be attached to walls, ceiling, fans, or artwork.
- The use of nails, pins, masking tape, blue painters tape, scotch tape, duct tape and the like is NOT permitted.
- Electrical outlet usage should not exceed recommended wattage.
Special arrangements for music and caterers shall be approved in advance by the SRCA.
- Candles, glitter, silly string and the like are NOT permitted in the Community Room.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Community Room or on the surrounding grounds.
- Renters must inform the association in advance as part of their reservation if alcoholic beverages are to be consumed at the event.
- Renters may use the on-site computer (audio/visual) equipment. If they want to play a slideshow of photos, we advise them to bring images on USB or disc.
- At the end of the event, the renter is responsible for clean-up, including vacuuming and wiping down tables and other surfaces. We provide the use of an onsite vacuum, trash bags, and cleaning materials to facilitate this process. Renters must remove all musical equipment, catering, centerpieces and balloons, debris, etc. from the room prior to the end of the rental period. They are responsible to place trash in the dumpster in the Beach & Tennis Club parking lot. Tables and chairs should be left in a neat, as-found placement and condition.
If you have any questions about Community Room rental, please call the association office at 214-733-5800.