As seen in the historical photo on this webpage, the eight (8) tennis courts at 6201 Virginia Parkway are one of the original Stonebridge Ranch amenities, along with the Beach Club and adjacent playground and basketball court.
The tennis courts were recently resurfaced in the spring of 2021. As part of the resurfacing project, court 8 now includes lines for both tennis and pickleball play. Portable nets are available at court 8 for use depending on sport preference. Residents may also use the Pickleball courts located at Stonebridge Plaza.
- To access the Stonebridge Ranch courts, a resident with valid form of Stonebridge Ranch ID must be present. Residents may invite up to three (3) guests at a time.
- Our junior tennis programs have priority use of courts 1-6 during lesson hours. When school is in session, the timeframe for junior priority use is 3:30 to 6:30 PM. During the summer when school is not in session, this timeframe is 8 AM to 2 PM. To increase the chance of court use, we encourage homeowners to schedule their personal games around these timeframes.
- When lessons are not in session, residents have use of the courts on an unreserved (first-come, first-play) basis. In the event of a waiting line, each group is permitted the use of one court for a period of one hour.
- Pickleball players may not use any court other than court 8 (even when the other courts are not in use by tennis players).
- For much of the year, the courts are available from dawn to 10:00 PM. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, these hours are extended until 11:00 PM. The tennis courts are lit at night.
- Bathrooms are available at the Tennis Courts during open court hours.
- Proper athletic attire is required.
- The tennis courts are not to be used for any activities other than tennis. Cleats, in-line skates, skateboard, bikes, etc. are not permitted.
- Lessons/coaching not authorized by the association are prohibited.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- No more than four people are permitted per court.
- Please practice safe hygiene. For example: avoid physical contact with other players, wash your hands prior to game play and/or use hand sanitizer, do not touch your face or cough into your hands and then touch the ball, etc.
- If you are feeling unwell (have an unusual cough, temperature or shortness of breath) or have been exposed within the last 14 days to someone diagnosed with Covid-19, please do not enter the courts.
- Court visitors assume all risks related to COVID-19. The Stonebridge Ranch Community Association (SRCA) does not insure player safety or offer any warranty in relation to COVID-19.
Stonebridge Ranch offers a wide variety of tennis classes (fees and registration required), from beginner-level to courses for experienced players interested in competing in tournaments. Our SRCA Tennis Director, David Wiest, is USPTA & PTR certified, and our professional staff have a wide variety of tennis experience. Adult tennis classes are for Stonebridge residents only. For a list of class times, pricing, and to register, visit www.selecttennisacademy.com or call Dave Wiest at 214-733-5810.
BLENDED LINES FOR KIDS
10 & Under Blended Lines were installed in 2012 at the SRCA tennis courts. The association received a line grant from the United States Tennis Association (USTA) which covered a large portion of the project costs. These lines were added because the Rules of Tennis changed for only the fifth time in the history of the sport in 2012. The change specified that 10 & Under tennis competitions may only be played on a 36-foot or 60-foot court using smaller racquets and with tennis balls that bounce lower and do not travel through the air so fast. Tennis is no longer asking children to play an adult-model sport. Smaller courts are easier for children to cover and are even becoming popular with senior tennis players with limited mobility.