The SRCA tennis and pickleball courts are open as of Friday, May 1st at noon. When using the courts, following these social distancing guidelines:
- No more than four people are permitted per court.
- Please practice safe hygiene. For example: avoid physical contact with other players, wash your hands prior to game play and/or use hand sanitizer, do not touch your face or cough into your hands and then touch the ball, etc.
- If you are feeling unwell (have an unusual cough, temperature or shortness of breath) or have been exposed within the last 14 days to someone diagnosed with Covid-19, please DO NOT ENTER the courts.
- Homeowner and guest usage of the Tennis or Pickleball courts shall be at their own risk for contracting Covid-19. All players using these courts are encouraged to review relevant CDC guidelines that may be applicable to Covid-19.
- To access the Stonebridge Ranch courts, a resident with valid Stonebridge Ranch ID must be present. Residents may invite up to three guests.
- Residents have use of the courts on an unreserved first-come, first-play basis. In the event of a waiting line, each group is permitted the use of one court for a period of one hour.
- For much of the year, the courts are available from dawn to 10:00 p.m. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, these hours are extended until 11:00 p.m. The tennis courts are lit at night.
- Bathrooms are available at the Tennis Courts during open court hours.
- Proper athletic attire is required.
- The tennis courts are not to be used for any activities other than tennis. Cleats, in-line skates, skateboard, bikes, etc. are not permitted.
- Lessons not authorized by the association are prohibited.
BLENDED LINES FOR KIDS
10 & Under Blended Lines were installed in 2012 at the SRCA tennis courts. The Association received a line grant from the United States Tennis Association (USTA) which covered a large portion of the project costs. These lines were added because the Rules of Tennis changed for only the fifth time in the history of the sport in 2012. The change specified that 10 & Under tennis competitions may only be played on a 36-foot or 60-foot court using smaller racquets and with tennis balls that bounce lower and do not travel through the air so fast. Tennis is no longer asking children to play an adult-model sport. Smaller courts are easier for children to cover and are even becoming popular with senior tennis players with limited mobility.
Stonebridge Ranch offers a wide variety of tennis classes (fee and registration required), from beginner-level to courses for experienced players interested in competing in tournaments. Our SRCA Tennis Director, David Wiest, is USPTA & PTR certified, and our professional staff have a wide variety of tennis experience. Adult tennis classes are for Stonebridge residents only. For a list of class times, pricing, and to register, visit www.selecttennisacademy.com or call Dave Wiest at 214-733-5810.