Stonebridge Lake Lowered
On Friday, March 31, the City of McKinney opened the valves to lower Stonebridge Lake. This was done to facilitate the building of a retaining wall for a property under construction along the lake. The valves were closed by the city on Wednesday, April 5. The lake will begin to refill with Spring rains. Thank you for your patience as the lake level returns to normal.
We are expediting storm-related Modification Applications
Hail and high winds have caused damage throughout Stonebridge Ranch. Board President Jon Dell'Antonia has issued a Storm Response Declaration effective March 27, 2017 to aid homeowners who need to replace their roofs or fencing or make other storm-related repair/replacement. This declaration will expire on May 31, 2017. The provisions for this declaration are outlined in our Disaster/Emergency Preparedness Plan.
10 Tips Before You Begin Replacement
*Due to the increase in applications, the normal process of response for non-storm applications or for applications without proper notation and documentation may take up to the full 30 days for review as prescribed in our guidelines.
- Before you make storm-related repairs such as replacing your roof or fencing, you need to submit a Modification Application along with all required documents to the Modifications Committee. (Please note: if you need to complete a paint/stain repair, you do not need to submit an application as long as you replace with paint/stain of the same color. Skylight replacement does not require an application as long as you meet the skylight requirements as outlined in the Modifications Design Guidelines.)
- IMPORTANTLY: The Modifications Committee has convened a special team to review storm-related applications within 2 business days. To receive expedited response from the Modifications Committee, your application must be noted "STORM DAMAGE" . If it is not, the Modifications Committee will review your application following its normal process.*
- Before submitting your application and required documents, please review the Modifications Design Guidelines. (The Stonebridge website contains further general information re: the Modification Application process.)
- There are two ways to submit your application and required documents. You may either complete the application online after logging into the website (top right, this page),** OR you may complete the downloadable application and bring it with your required documents to the Association office at 6201 Virginia Parkway during normal business hours, M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 pm.
- To review the required documents which must be submitted along with the application for a roof replacement, click here. To review the required documents which must be submitted along with the application for a fence replacement, click here.
- Modification Applications must be submitted by the homeowner, not your contractor.
- A contractor sign is allowed in your yard ONLY during the active construction period and IF a City permit is affixed to the sign. Signs must be immediately removed upon project completion or if you do not have a City permit affixed to the sign. Follow these guidelines to avoid a yard sign violation.
- Shared fencing which needs replacement requires a neighbor agreement form signed by both parties. This must be submitted along with the Modification Application. Shared fencing is defined as all section(s) separating lots which are used by both owners. (Post orientation does not define which homeowner is responsible.)
- If you have questions, do not hesitate to call the office at 214.733.5800. We will connect you to the compliance coordinator assigned to your village, who is here to assist you.
- The City of McKinney requires permits for all roofing projects. See the city's website at http://www.mckinneytexas.org/DocumentCenter/View/5703 for detailed information.
**Call Customer Care at (972) 943-2828 if you are registering at the site for the first time and have questions.
Wind-Related Damage in Common Areas
Following storms the last week of March, our landscaping crews are first cleaning up tree limbs in the streets and then limbs which are causing safety issues or damage. They will then move to downed limbs in open areas, around sidewalks, etc. They will be using chippers to remove downed limbs and will follow an orderly process of removal. This process will likely take several days.
Sometimes residents spot issues before our crews do or have concerns. If you spot unsafe damage in common areas, a few tips:
- To report common area tree limb damage, please email Jeff Moore at email@example.com or call him at (214) 733-5813.
- To report a street sign which is down, contact the City of McKinney or you may email Tamra Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roofing Material Submittal Requirements